The 3M™ Scott™ RAS (Respiratory Airline Supply) airline breathing apparatus set is a positive pressure set that provides the highest levels of breathing protection. The tempest demand valve provides a positive pressure inside the facemask which leads to the mask having an assigned protection factor of 2000 meaning the apparatus is ideal for use in areas of high contaminant challenge.
The set can be used with a standard mask to provide a cost effective standard airline set or with a RAS facemask which is also fitted with a negative pressure filter to allow entry and egress to the working area where the challenge will be lower without the necessity to be connected to an airline.
Two options of bandolier are available. The standard RAS features a strong fabric webbing which provides a bandolier style harness that is strong and robust making it more resilient to regular, heavy use. The RAS easy-clean features a wipeclean, PU coated polyester webbing that has a smooth surface which reduces the trapping of fibres and leads to improved cleaning of the set after use.
- Highest level of breathing protection
- Assigned protection factor of 2000 (dependent on local regulations)
- Ideal for areas with high levels of contamination
- Choice of standard harness with strong fabric webbing or easy-clean harness with PU-coated polyester webbing
- Optional face mask fitted filter for entry and egress
- Approved and CE marked to EN 14593-1:2005 and AS/NZS 1716:2012